The following guidelines should be followed when preparing for an ECDAA Championship.
1. ECDAA shall award a site for the ECDAA Championship to take place.
2. Championships sites will be awarded on a scheduled rotation basis or by bid to host.
3. Each Championship shall have a District Commissioner. The Commissioner must be a teacher.
4. Each championship shall follow the ECDAA Sport regulations for each respective sport.
5. Officials to be used at the Championship should be approved by the Officials Commisoner and Referee-in-Chief.
6. Commissioners should ensure that awards are available at the Championship.
7. Seeding of teams/individuals is to be done by the following people: ECDAA President, Officials Commisoner, and Sport Commisoner. Seeding forms are to be submitted to the Host Commisoner. If a team does not submit the seeding form, the team/individual will be seeded according to the lowest submitted seed. ECDAA shall use the SHSAA
8. In all cases of a elimination tournament the following draw may be followed:
If 4 or more teams are involved in a playoff an A side and Consolation will be played.
1 Team- District Champion (no medals awarded)
2 Team- 1 and 2 playoff at host District site
3 Teams- District host receives bye regardless of seed. 2 and 3 playoff at the home of 2 seed. Dates for elimination game are mutually agreed upon
4 Teams- 1 vs. 4, 2 vs. 3
5 Teams - District host receives bye regardless of seed. The two lowest seeds shall play off with the highest seed being the host. A one-day elimination tournament shall be played using the 4-team format.
6 Teams - 1 and 2 receive a first round bye. A draw will have 3 vs. 5 and 4 vs. 6.
An A side and consolation tournament will be used as the draw.
7 Teams - 1 seed receives a bye. Seed 2 vs. 7, 3 vs. 6, 4vs 5. An A side and Consolation tournament will be used as the draw.
8 Teams - Seed 1 vs. 8, 2 vs. 7, 3 vs. 6, 4 vs. 5 . An A side and Consolation side will be used as the Draw
9, The following draw may be used if the ECDAA Championship is to be done in a Round Robin Format.
3 Teams- Each team shall play each other once. Upon completion of the round robin 1 seed will receive the bye, 2 seed vs. 3 seed. The winner shall advance to the Championship.
4 Teams- Each team shall play each other once. Upon completion of the round robin elimination round will begin. 1 Seed vs. 4, 2 Seed vs. 3 seed. Winners advance to the championship. A consolation match shall be played between the two losers for third place
5 Teams - Each team shall play each other once. Upon the completion of the round robin the 5th seeded team will be eliminated. 1 Seed vs. 4, 2 Seed vs. 3. Winners advance to the Championship. A consolation match shall be played for third place.
6 Teams - Two pools of three shall be created. In Pool A shall be the 1-3-5 seed, in Pool B shall be the 2-4-6 seed. A round robin tournament shall be held for each pool. Upon completion of the round robin an A side and consolation side will be played. 1 Seed Pool A vs. 2 Seed Pool B and 1 Seed Pool B vs. 2 Seed Pool A. Winners will advance to the Championships. A consolation match will be held for third place.
7 Teams - Two pools will be created. In Pool A shall be seeds 1-3-5. In Pool B shall be seeds 2-4-6-7. Upon completion of the round robin an A side and consolation draw shall be played. 1 Seed Pool A vs. 2 seed Pool B and 1 seed Pool B vs. 2 seed Pool A. Winners will advance to the Championships. A consolation match shall be held for third place.
8 Teams - Two pools of 4 will be created. In Pool A shall be seeds 1-3-5-7. In Pool B will be seeds 2-4-6-8. Upon completion of the round robin an A side and consolation draw will be played. 1 seed pool A vs. 2 seed pool B and 1 seed pool B vs. 2 seed pool A. Winners will advance to the championships. A consolation match shall be held for third place.
In the event that the following draws cannot be used, the District Commisoner shall contact the President of ECDAA to confirm the type of draw, which is to be used.