THE CONTEST EXPECTS THE OFFICAL TO
- Maintain a professional relationship toward the event, the players, the coaches, and spectators.
- Be thorough in his/her preparation.
- Be on time for duty and appear in appropriate uniform.
- Be rested and alert.
THE RULES EXPECT THE OFFICIAL TO
- Adhere to right decisions despite disapproval of spectators, coaches, and players.
- Control his/her temper at all times in dealing with players, coaches and crowds.
- Respect and aid companion officials in making decisions.
- Make interpretations and announcements clear to both teams.
SPORTSMANSHIP DEMANDS THAT OFFICIALS
- Maintain a pleasant, impartial attitude toward all players and coaches.
- Know and enforce SHSAA rules and regulations.
- Carry out their duties so as not to distract from the players or the game.
- Discourage any acts of poor sportsmanship.