1. East Central runs a Cross Country Meet annually in the Fall.
Competition is in the following Age Divisions:
- Pee Wee Boys and Girls - (Under 13 on August 31 of the current school year)
- Bantam Boys and Girls - (Under 14 on August 31 of the current school year)
- Midget Boys and Girls - (Under 15 on August 31 of the current school year)
- Junior Boys and Girls - (Under 16 on August 31of the current school year)
- Senior Boys and Girls - (16 and over on September 1 of the current school year)
2. Distances run are at the discretion of the Commissioner but should be as close to the Provincial format as the District course allows
- Following the Meet, a District team is selected (up to 60 members, no more than ten in each of the divisions - Senior Boys and Girls, Junior Boys and Girls, Midget Boys and Girls) plus any additional athletes allowed to complete school teams. Athletes who are eligible (in Grade 9 or higher and entered for SHSAA competition) may be selected to the District Team in a higher Age Division than that in which they competed in the District Meet. N.B. Athletes competing in the District Meet are not automatically committed to Provincial competition.
- Following selection of the District team, or earlier if possible, a District Coach is appointed.
- Travel arrangements for the Provincial Meet are the responsibility of individual athletes' coaches. Pooling is desirable.
- Accommodation for the Provincial Meet is the responsibility of individual coaches. Arrangements may be made for team accommodation by the coaches at the District Meet.