A District Championship is held on artificial ice in each of Boys, Girls, and Mixed Curling.
The District Champion and any other team that qualifies through the Provincial Championship. If the Champion qualifies by some other facet of the Provincial format, the other finalist will represent the District.
Individual schools are responsible for their own transportation and accommodation.
District playoffs will be held one week prior to the provincial playoffs, if possible.
Sites of the Championship will be awarded by a Bid to Host program. Schools, which wish to host a District Championship, are asked to submit their bids prior to the ECDAA Fall meeting. The bids will be for those years, which the City of Yorkton does not host.
JUNIOR CURLING AMMENDMENT
A Junior District Championship is held on artificial ice in each of the following categories: Boys, Girls and Mixed.
Sites of the Championship will be awarded by a Bid to Host program. Schools, which wish to host a District Championships, are asked to submit their bids prior to the ECDAA Fall meeting.
RULES AND REGULATION
1.The CCA rulebook shall be used to govern the competition.
2. Time outs shall be one minute in duration. A team may call a time out at any time as long as the team is in control of the end. A team shall be granted two times outs during a game.
4. Times outs may be carried forward into an extra end.
5. There will be an automatic time out prior to the beginning of an extra end
6. In Mixed curling, curlers of the same sex must play alternate positions.
7. All games shall be eight ends. Extra ends will be played until a winner is declared.