1. A District track meet is held annually in late May. Competition is in five (5) age divisions for boys and girls:
2. Events contested are:
3. In each event two competitors may be entered (except only one in relays) from each of the following competitive units: Yorkton Regional, Sacred Heart, Shamrock Division, Melville Divisions (including Deer Park), Kamsack Division, Yorkdale Junior High School, Yorkdale Rural Schools.
4. Athletes competing in the District Meet are not automatically committed to Provincial competition.
5. Following the meet there is a Coaches' meeting to select the District team and make arrangements for Provincial competition. A District Coach, Accommodation Manager, Uniform Manager and Supervisors are appointed. Athletes who are eligible may be invited to compete in a higher age division provincially. Bantams who are eligible (i.e. are in Grade 9 or higher) should present themselves at higher age division throwing events to register performances if they wish to be considered for the team (unless their division uses compatible equipment).
6. For Provincial competition transportation is and Accommodation is arranged by the District and a fee is charged all athletes to cover these expenses. All athletes who are staying overnight must stay in the Team Accommodation. Those with events on one day only may attend for just the one day by special arrangement with the Accommodation Manager.
7. A uniform deposit is not required but schools will be charged $50 for lost uniforms.
8. Equipment - as per Provincial Meet - Bantams and younger use smallest.
9. Other details are determined by the Commissioner dependent on the facilities to be used.
10. Competitive units and individuals are designated to provide the necessary officiating personnel.
11. Individual event, relay, aggregate team and aggregate individual winners are declared and presented District awards. In addition, 2nd to 6th individual placings and second and third relay placings receive ribbons. Aggregates are determined by totaling points - 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1 in each event.
12. Guidelines for selection to Provincial team:
All athletes that attain a first place at the mjidget, junior and senior level will advance to Provincials at the discretion of their coach.
The second position is to be filled by the next best performance by eligible athletes at the discretion of their coach.
Each eligible athlete must be represented at the ECDAA selection meeting.
Confirmation for provincial competition must be made no later than the day after the district meet.